Saturday, June 2, 2012

Tangy Potato Salad

Shelle and I decided we must celebrate the first weekend in June with a buffet of our favorite summer foods, and I definitely made sure my favorite potato salad was included.  My mom has made this salad for as long as I can remember, and it wouldn't be summer without it!



Here's what you'll need:

3-4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces
1 cup green olives, chopped
2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
1 1/2 cups Miracle Whip or mayonnaise
1/4 cup yellow mustard
a dash of black pepper

Boil the potatoes until they're soft, but not mushy.  You should be able to easily stick a fork into a piece and pick it up without it falling apart.  It took us about 10 minutes to get to this point once the water was at a full boil.

Drain the potatoes and stir in the chopped olives and eggs.



In a separate bowl, make the dressing.  Stir together the Miracle Whip or mayonnaise and the mustard, and then add a dash of black pepper.  Feel free to taste it now and make sure it's exactly how you like it.  Pour the dressing over the potatoes, olives, and eggs,stir, and you're pretty much ready to go!



My mom likes to eat it warm, but I prefer to make it ahead and let it chill in the fridge for at least an hour before we dig in.  It keeps well, so I always make a lot and have leftovers for lunch all week!

What are you eating to kick-off June?  Let us know in the comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment